Over the years, horticulture has emerged as one of the potential agricultural enterprise in accelerating the growth of Indian economy. India, with its wide variability of climate and soil, is highly favorable for growing a large range of horticultural crops such as fruits, vegetables, potato, tropical tuber crops, ornamental crops, medicinal and aromatic plants, spices and plantation crops like coconut, cashew, cocoa, tea, coffee and rubber. Its role in the country's nutritional security, poverty alleviation and employment generation programs is becoming increasingly important.
To boost the growth in this area, Federal Bank offers loan facilities for horticulture
- Suitable for development of plantation crops, flowers, fruits and vegetable crops
- Loan available up to 85% of asset/project cost*
- Minimal paperwork
- Hassle free processing
- No hidden charges or heavy penalties
- Longer repayment period
Loan is provided for :
- Development plantation crops (Rubber, Tea, Coffee, Coconut, Arecanut, Pepper, Cardamom etc.)
- Flowers in open and green houses (roses, carnation, chrysanthemums, jasmine etc.)
- Vegetable crops (potato, tomato, brinjal, gourds, peas etc.)
- Fruit orchards (mango, Guava, Grapes, etc.,)
- Short term fruit crops(banana, pineapple etc.).
*Terms and Conditions apply
Who can apply
- All farmers having cultivable lands are eligible for this loan.
How to avail the loan?
- To avail the loan, Please visit any of our branches
All farmers possessing agricultural land are eligible to apply.
Loan tenure up to 14 years.
Avail loan up to 85 to 90 % of the project cost / cultivation expenses.
- Proof of Identity (Passport / Voters ID card/ Driving License/PAN Card)
- Recent Passport size photograph
- Address Proof (Ration card Tel/ Electricity Bill/ Lease agreement/ Passport/Trade license /Sales Tax certificate)
- Proof of agricultural land/property- Tax receipts
- Land records Quotation / estimates for the costs to be incurred. For large projects, detailed project report shall be submitted
- The loan repayment starts after the completion of the gestation period varying from 3 to 7 years for different crops.
- Repayment commences from the time the crop gives economic yield and is linked to the income generation of each crop every year and varies between 7 years to 15 years.
Other Terms and Conditions
- Up to Rs. 50,000/- 100 % of the cost of the asset / project cost is provided as loan.
- For loans above Rs 50000/- 85 % of the cost of the asset / project is given as loan.
- Short term loans for meeting working capital under Kisan Credit Card scheme.
- Hypothecation of the assets created / Mortgage of land