Immediate Payment Service (IMPS)
Immediate Payment Service helps you to send or receive money instantly using your federal bank account and your mobile number along with a 7 digit MMID (Mobile Money Identifier). It is an instant 24x7 interbank electronic fund transfer service through mobile phones.
- Features & Benefits
- Send Funds
- Receive Funds
- Payments through FedMobile
- Customer Initiated Payment
- Merchant Initiated Payment
- Account Number/IFSC Fund Transfer (P2A)
- Make religious offerings using IMPS
- Instant Interbank fund transfers
- 24x7 availability
- Confirmation SMS on debit and credit
- Time and Cost Effective
- Simple and User Friendly
- Safe and secure
- Funds Transfer through SMS subject to maximum amount of Rs 5000/- per day with a monthly limit Rs 5000/-
- Funds Transfer up to Rs. 50,000/- per day through Mobile Banking
- IMPS accessible via FedNet Internet banking also
- Register for mobile banking with your branch to get your MMID and MPIN
- Download and activate the mobile banking application on your mobile
- Initiate the IMPS transaction using beneficiary mobile number and beneficiary MMID
- Check the SMS confirmation for all transactions
- Transfer funds through SMS also
- For Federal Bank customers, MMID will be "9049" + last 3 digits of the account number
- To transfer funds, just send an sms in the following format to 98950 88888 or 5676762
IMPS<SPACE><Benificiary Mobile No><SPACE><Beneficiary MMID><SPACE><Amount><SPACE><last 3 digits of sender MMID>
For issues related to IMPS, you may please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the transaction details.
- Register your mobile number for your account with the bank
- Get your MMID from your bank
- Share your mobile number and MMID with the sender
- Ask the sender to send money
- Check the SMS confirmation for the money received
You can book train tickets, recharge your mobile phone, buy your favourite items online, pay your Insurance premium all at your convenience, through IMPS Merchant Payments. This service is brought to you by National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) in collaboration with Member Banks.
You can make payment to any kind of merchant using IMPS merchant payments service:
- Mobile top-up / DTH top-up
- Insurance premium payment
- Online shopping
- Over-the-counter payments
- Fees payments to schools / colleges / universities
- Utility Bill payments
- Travel & Ticketing
Type of payment can be customer initiated or merchant initiated.
- Log in to FedMobile- enter User ID and password
- Click on Banking -> IMPS->IMPS Merchant Payments
- Enter the merchants MMID, Mobile Number
- Enter Amount
- Enter Payment Reference Number
The transaction is initiated through Merchant application (such as Merchant website, WAP site, IVR, mobile application). The typical steps to follow for making transaction are as follows:
- Visit merchant application such as web site, mobile application, or WAP site
- Select product / service for which payment is to be made
- In the payment options available, choose IMPS
- Enter mobile number, MMID and OTP (One-Time Password)*
- The transaction status will be displayed on the screen
*OTP (One Time Password) can be generated via your FedMobile Mobile Banking Application or via the 24Hrs Customer Contact Centre. OTP is valid for 60 minutes from time of generation and can be used only for a single transaction.
IMPS P2A, enables our customers to transfer funds using the account number and IFSC code of the customer maintaining account with any of the P2A enabled banks.
P2A - Through Mobile Banking Application
In the IMPS menu, a transaction type ‘Fund transfer – To Account number' is available. Following fields need to be entered.
a) Payment Option – One Time / Registered
b) Debit Account
c) Beneficiary Account Number
d) Beneficiary IFSC code
IMPS P2A - Through SMS
The SMS syntax for making the transaction is as follows:
IMPS<SPACE>Ben. Account Number<SPACE>Ben. IFSCode<SPACE>Amount<SPACE>PIN<SPACE>Remarks(Optional)
Send SMS to 9895088888 or 5676762.
Now you can donate to religious institutions using IMPS.