Real Time Gross Settlement (RTGS)
Need to transfer funds immediately? Federal Bank presents RTGS services allowing customers to transfer funds on a 'real time' and on 'gross' basis. The acronym 'RTGS' stands for Real Time Gross Settlement, which can be defined as the continuous (real-time) settlement of funds transfers individually on an order by order basis (without netting). Federal Bank is the first bank in India to provide RTGS fund transfer facility in all its branches.
- Features & Benefits
- Transaction Limits
- How it Works?
- Timings for RTGS
- Get Assistance - Customer Facilitation Centres
- IFS Codes
- Rates and Charges
- Transfer funds from one bank to another on a "real time" and on "gross" basis
- This happens through the secure network INFINET provided by IDRBT, an initiative of Reserve Bank of India for research in Banking Technology.
- RTGS is the fastest possible money transfer system through the banking channel in India.
- RTGS can effectively replace payment by Demand Drafts, Pay Orders etc.
- Federal Bank is the first Bank in India to offer this facility through 100% of the branches spread across the country
The RTGS system is primarily meant for large value transactions. The minimum amount to be remitted through RTGS is Rs.2 lakh. There is no upper ceiling for RTGS transactions.
To remit funds through RTGS all customer needs to know is
- Beneficiary account number
- Beneficiary Name
- IFSC code of the beneficiary bank
Federal Bank is also providing online RTGS facility through Internet Banking - FedNet.
|Day||Through Branch||Through FedNet|
|Monday to Saturday||During business hours||8 a.m to 4.30 p.m|
RTGS will not be available on second and fourth Saturdays of the month.
For getting assistance on RTGS transactions, please visit Directory of customer facilitation centres of all banks provided by RBI.
- Click here to know Rates and Charges