Activate Transaction facility in FedNet
FedNet, the premium Internet Banking facility from Federal Bank, comes to you free, at the same time with lots of user conveniences and tight security features.
- How to Activate
- Activation by Acknowledgement
- Soft Activation
- Two Factor Authentication
As soon as your FedNet application is processed, a PIN Mailer will be couriered to you and your account will be enabled for VIEW facility.However to have your account enabled for Transaction facility, it has to be activated either by acknowledging the PIN Mailer or by soft activation.
- To acknowledge the PIN Mailer, sign the acknowledgment portion and send it to our Central Processing Centre, in the addressed and postage paid envelope provided.
- The acknowledgment should be signed by the applicant himself and his signature should match our records.
- For joint accounts, the joint account holders would have already submitted a mandate (authorizing any one of them to operate the account through FedNet, singly) along with the FedNet application. In this case, the mandate holder should sign the acknowledgment.
- By any chance, if you misplaced the acknowledgment portion of the PIN Mailer, you can also send us a letter in the format which can be downloaded by clicking here.
Soft activation of Transaction facility was introduced as a convenience to our customers, for getting their FedNet facility activated faster. Soft activation can be resorted to, if our system has registered some mandatory personal details in our database. The steps involved are as follows.
- You will receive one e-mail bearing a Soft Token.
- Wait for 4-5 days.
- You will receive the FedNet pin mailer containing your User ID, Login password and Transaction Password.
- Login to FedNet using your User ID and Login Password
- To enable transaction, please visit Customer Service > New Service Request > Enable Transaction Request
- Please provide the Soft Token which you have received through E-mail in the first field.
- Enter any three of the following details to match your records- PAN, Passport Number, Date of Birth, Mother's maiden name, ATM card number OR Voter ID.
- If you have provided the data correctly, your Transaction facility will be activated within 24 hours.
- After activation you can transfer funds using your transaction password
In order to perform transactions, you are also required to activate Two Factor Authentication (2FA), in addition to above step.
Two-factor authentication (2 FA) is a security process in which the user provides two means of identification, one of which is typically a physical token, such as a card, and the other of which is typically something memorized, such as a password. It ensures that only authorized individuals' access their sensitive information or does online transaction. It provides substantially better security and makes it much more difficult for an attacker to impersonate the User and access his account. Once your transaction password is enabled, you will be registered for 2FA.
Two factor authentication can be done in any of the three modes given below:
1. Using Hard token device
2. Using Mobile based OTP
3. Using SMS OTP
To know more about Two factor authentication, please get in touch with our contact centre.
- If your account got locked by any chance or if you forgot your password, kindly send a request by email to email@example.com from the email id you have registered with us.
- If there was any change in communication address in between, make sure it was registered with the bank or else the new PIN Mailer will go to the old address.
- You can contact your branch to get it modified in our records.