E-Mandate Registration - Page Header
E-Mandate Registration for Cards
Frequently Asked Questions - E-Mandate Registration
Frequently Asked Questions - E-Mandate Registration
Standing Instructions on Cards – Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an e-mandate/Recurring payment/Standing Instruction and how do I register the same on my Federal Bank Debit/Credit Card?
E mandate /Recurring Payment /Standing instruction is a payment method under RBI’s e-mandate guideline, where in you register your Federal Bank Credit/Debit card on a merchant’s app/website. Once registered, your payments get automatically debited at pre-defined intervals.
- What are the regulatory changes required for Standing Instruction w.e.f. 1st October 2021?
As per regulatory guidelines on ‘Processing of e-mandate on cards for recurring transactions’, effective 1st October 2021, guidelines are introduced for processing recurring transactions registered on Debit & Credit Cards. Any recurring transactions (domestic or cross-border) for existing or new e-mandates not compliant with regulatory regulations will be declined by Federal Bank from 01st October 2021
- What are the guidelines prescribed by RBI on standing instruction transaction?
The key safety security measures as prescribed by RBI are as below,
- Customers will get a pre-debit (SMS/Email) notification 24 hours prior to the debit
- The pre-debit notification will have a link for the customer to authenticate the transaction with additional factor authentication (AFA), which is nothing but an OTP. Without this authentication, the transaction will not be processed.
- Customers can opt out of the standing instruction transaction or the mandate through the link provided in the pre-debit notification
- Customers can view / modify / cancel any standing instructions set registered on their card
- Any recurring transaction of amount greater than Rs 5000 will require AFA (OTP) each time the amount is debited
- Subscriptions/Recurring payments registration, modification, deletion on merchant websites will require additional factor authentication (AFA)
- Customer will be intimated in real time about modification/ deletion/cancellation of mandates registered in the card.
- What is the implication of this for me, as a customer?
Effective 1st Oct 2021, the bank will only approve standing instructions (domestic/international) on cards if it has been processed as per the new guidelines for ‘Processing of e-mandates on cards for recurring transactions’ by the service providers. There will be no impact on EMI transactions and one-time non-recurring payments on cards.
- What is Mandate Hub?
Mandate Hub is the interface where all the Federal Bank Debit and Credit card holders can view and manage their standing instructions. Customer can log in to the Mandate Hub at www.federalbank.co.in > Cards > > Standing Instruction & Recurring Payments >> Manage Standing Instructions. Alternatively, Customers can log in to the Mandate Hub by clicking on the link: https://www.sihub.in/managesi/federal
- Where do I get the list of merchants who are live with Federal Bank to process recurring payments with Federal bank Debit and Credit cards.
The below are the list of merchants where in the customer can register and perform recurring transactions using your debit and credit cards.
Media & Entertainment
- Amazon Prime
Insurance & Investments
- Bajaj Allianz General Insurance
- Bharti AXA Life Insurance
- Exide Life
- HDFC Ergo
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance
- Kotak General Insurance
- Max Life Insurance
- Max Niva Bupa
- Policy Bazaar
- SBI Life Insurance
Software & Antivirus
- Clever Tap - India
- Google India
- Norton Net Prophets
Social Media & Communication
Charity & NGOs
- Give India
- Carat Lane
- Paper Boat
Other Online Subscription
- Godrej Spotlight
- Bharat Matrimony
- Business Standard
- Club Mahindra
- PayTM (Under interim time window of Test & Scale)
- Stripe (enabled 2600+ Merchants)
- IMSL (Aggregators/acquirers are in the process of onboarding merchants)
- CC Avenue (Under interim time window of Test & Scale)
- What if I have to modify my standing instruction registered on Federal Bank Debit /Credit card?
You will receive a notification SMS from the Bank 24 hours prior to the debit of the amount. You may click on the link received in the SMS & modify the amount, end date or cancel the subscription as per your requirement. Alternatively, you can log in to the Mandate Hub at www.federalbank.co.in > Cards > > Standing Instruction & Recurring Payments and manage the subscription.
- What is the maximum amount below which I need not approve the recurring payment?
As per RBI guidelines the maximum amount that can be debited without customer authorisation is Rs 5000/.
- What should be done in case of standing instruction registered for amount above Rs 5000/-?
Customer will receive a notification SMS from the Bank 24 hours prior to the debit of the amount. The subscription/ recurring payment of amount above Rs 5000/- should be approved by clicking the link received in the prenotification SMS.
- What are the notifications that will be sent to customers regarding their standing instructions?
Customers will receive the following notifications on their registered phone no. with regard to their standing instructions:
- Customers will receive Registration notification when he/she registers at the merchant’s site
- Customers will receive Upcoming Payment notifications 24 hours prior to all the upcoming transactions
- In case the customer chooses to modify his/her standing instruction(s), he/she will receive modification notification requesting to approve the modification by way of an Additional Factor of Authentication (OTP)
- In case the customer chooses to cancel a standing instruction(s) , he/she will receive cancellation notification for authorizing the cancellation of the standing instruction(s) by way of an Additional Factor Authentication (OTP)
- Customer will receive a Payment approval notification for authorizing transactions greater than ₹5000 approved through AFA (OTP).
- Customers will receive Transaction Approval notification when transaction is approved by the customer
- Customers will receive Transaction Success notification when the transaction amount has been successfully charged by the merchant
- Customers will receive Transaction Failure notification when the transaction couldn’t be successfully processed by the merchant.