- In-patient Care (Hospitalisation)
We cover cost of medical treatment when you or your insured family members are hospitalised for treatment.
We cover cost of all types of hospital accommodation (except suite or above room category) without any capping on room rent charges.
- Pre & Post Hospitalisation Medical Expenses
We shall reimburse pre & post hospitalisation medical expenses incurred due to illness/injury. The period of the treatment which we will cover should be 30 days before you get admitted to a hospital and 60 days after you get discharged from the Hospital. This is subject to Niva Bupa accepting the Inpatient Care hospitalisation claim.
- All day care treatments covered
We cover all day care treatments, not a select few. However, such a procedure should not be in the outpatient department of a hospital.
In case you have exhausted your Base Sum Insured and No Claim Bonus partially or completely, under this benefit, you are entitled for an additional sum insured equal to the base sum insured for a subsequent claim in the same year, provided it is for an unrelated illness. (This feature is not available under family first)
Avail In-patient treatment under AYUSH (Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy) up to the base sum insured.
You would be entitled to both the benefits as renewal benefit:
- No Claim Bonus : Increase in Sum Insured @20% of Base Sum Insured subject to the maximum of 100% of Base Sum Insured for each claim free year with no penalization in case of claim
- Health Check up: Avail Heath Check up for yourself and your family once in two years (for variant 1) or annually (for variant 2, 3 & family first) so that you live a healthier and happier life.
- 2 year Policy Tenure Option
When you take a policy for two years, you get 12.5% discount on the second year premium.
We also cover the ambulance expenses to transfer the insured following an emergency to the nearest hospital. These expenses are paid up to Rs 3,000 only if we have accepted the In-patient claim.
- Living Organ Donor Transplant
Medical Expenses for an organ donor’s In-patient treatment for the harvesting of the organ donated is also covered provided the organ is for the use of the Insured Person.
In case a bed in the hospital is unavailable or on advice of the attending medical practitioner, treatment is administered at home; we pay for medical treatment taken at home, which would otherwise have required hospitalisation. Such treatment should continue for at least 3 consecutive days and confirmation from treating Medical Practitioner / Insured that Insured Person could not be transferred to the Hospital or Hospital bed was unavailable, as the case may be.
- Vaccination in case of Animal Bite
We will cover Medical Expenses of OPD Treatment for vaccinations or immunizations for treatment post an Animal Bite. This benefit is available only on reimbursement basis.
(up to Rs 2,500 for variant 1; up to Rs 5,000 for variant 2 & family first; up to Rs 7,500 for variant 3)
A lumpsum payment for each 24 hours of hospitalisation in addition to the in-patient treatment benefits is made. To avail this benefit minimum 48 hours of hospitalisation required. This benefit is over and above the sum insured. The benefit is payable for up to 30 days of hospitalisation. No payment shall be made under this, in case of Domiciliary Hospitalization.
(Rs 1,000/Day for variant 1; Rs 2,000/Day for variant 2; Rs 4,000/Day for variant 3; Rs 1,000/Day or Rs 2,000/Day for Family First)
You will save tax under Section 80D of the Income Tax Act when you buy a Niva Bupa health insurance policy. Tax benefits are subject to changes in the tax laws, please consult your tax advisor for more details.
- Assured Policy Renewal for Life
Once insured with us, you will always remain our customers subject to continued payment of premium. We assure you renewability for life with no extra loadings based on your claim history.
We believe you should focus on the treatment of your loved ones rather than running after claim settlement. Therefore, all claims are processed directly by our own customer services team.
You can access cashless facility at your nearest network hospital.
We endeavor for transparency and complete satisfaction and therefore, our policies are transparent and easy to understand. If you are not satisfied, we provide a 15 day free look period within which you can cancel your plan stating the reason.
- Information at your fingertips
As a Niva Bupa Policyholder you can access your details on our website (www.nivabupa.com) containing your claims history, your favourite health information, your health profile, including records of tests you may have taken while enrolling with us.
- We will not cover treatment during the first 30 days of the policy, unless the treatment needed is a result of an Accident occurring during the policy period. This waiting period does not apply for renewal Policy.
- Benefits will not be available for Pre-existing Diseases until 48 months of continuous coverage from first policy start date for Variant 1 and 36 months of continuous coverage from first policy start date for Variant 2, Variant 3 and Family First.
- Some conditions will be subject to a waiting period of 24 months and will be covered in the third policy year only.