Resident Foreign Currency Account – RFC Account
- Features & Conditions
- Eligibility Norms
- Permissible currencies for opening Account
- Minimum/Maximum Balance
- RFC Account Opening Form
- Nomination facility - RFC Accounts shall have the nomination facility as in the case of resident rupee accounts.
- Anywhere Banking - Operations are permitted from the Base Branch only for operational convenience
- Persons of Indian nationality or origin, who, having been resident outside India for a continuous period of not less than one year, and having become persons resident in India on or after 18th April 1992 are eligible to open and maintain RFC accounts with authorised dealers in India.
- Persons who returned to India prior to 18th April 1992 after having been resident outside India for a continuous period of not less than one year are also eligible to open RFC accounts, provided they are holding a Returning Indians Foreign Exchange Entitlement (RIFEE) permit.
- Pound Sterling (GBP).
- US Dollar (USD).
- EURO (EUR).
- Japanese Yen (YEN)
- Canadian Dollar (CAD)
- Australian Dollar (AUD)
- Swiss Francs (CHF)
- New Zealand Dollar (NZD)
- Singapore Dollar (SGD)
- Hong Kong Dollar (HKD)
- Normal procedure applicable for Resident SB account opening.
- Copy of all pages of passport and expired Visa (to prove that customer enjoyed NRI / PIO status in the past).
- For cases where the expired visa is not available, a copy of the NRI bank account statement, or copy of FCNR deposit receipt, or cancelled NRI cheque held by applicant previously, either with us or any other bank needs to be submitted.
- RFC declaration duly filled and signed.
Rate of interest payable on the funds held in RFC Accounts may be decided by the bank on the basis of market rates
- Minimum 1000 units of respective currency/for JPY 100,000/-
- No maximum limit
Click here to download the RFC Account Opening Form