Year of Sunshine- Care for Senior Citizen
Glimpses from Federal Bank Alpha Palliative Care Walkathon with an aim to share the vision to increase the availability of hospice and palliative care throughout the state by creating opportunities to speak out about the issues, to raise awareness and to understand the needs like medical, social, psychological and spiritual - of people living with a life limiting illnesses.
CSR initiative at Mar Athanasius Rehabilitation centre, Allapra, Perumbavoor
As part of CSR activities, bank donated a school bus to Mar Athanasius Rehabilitation Centre, Perumbavoor.
In photo: Sri.i.K I Varghese GM and Head, Network 1 handing over the keys to H G Mar Aprem Mathews , Chairman of the trust.Sri Raju Hormis CSR Head, Sri M V Raju AGM and Region Head , Muvattupuzha, Sri Paulose K P, Manager & branch Head Vengola, Rev.Fr.Alias Kurain ,Rev.Fr Regi are seen.
"FEDERAL BANK SPARSH" - 5 days residential workshop for children with speech and hearing disabilities at IMA Kochi.
The Federal Bank in association with Impresario Event management India Ltd organized "SPARSH" an approach towards helping the children with disabilities. The programme focused on "Children with Speech and Hearing Disabilities. Sparsh was a residential workshop for the kinds and their families from 20th to 24th May, 2013. The workshop deal with activities like counseling session for the kinds as well as for parents, Medical checkup, yoga classes' etc. 25 families were shortlisted for the program.
Dr. Sachidananda Kamath, President, Indian Academy of Paediatrics, Kerala Inaugurated the "Federal Bank SPARSH" with Mr. Harikrishna Pisharady AGM Zonal Office, Federal Bank and Dr. Samuel N Mathew Executive Director, NISH on 20th May 2013.
Photo: The participants at lulu – Sparky's
Photo: Raju Hormis, HEAD CSR and Sparsh team with the participants at the closing ceremony of "Federal Bank SPARSH".
Federal Bank CSR initiatives on World Environment Day
On the occasion of World Environment Day, as part of their CSR initiatives, Thiruvananthapuram Zone organized an environment enrichment ceremony, planting over 100 different saplings inside the Technopark campus. IT professionals & our bank employees also joined hands in a Group Run - spreading the message of Think. Eat. Save. which was flagged off by Hon'ble District Collector – Thiruvananthapuram, Shri K N Satheesh. Shri. K I Varghese, GM-NW 1 and Shri. C P Sasidharan, DGM & ZH, Thiruvananthapuram were present on the occasion.
Federal Bank donates Home Care Vehicle to the Pain and Palliative Care Society, Medical College, Kozhikode
Federal Bank as part of its CSR initiative, donated a Maruti Omni as a Home Care Vehicle to the Pain and Palliative Care Society, Medical College, Kozhikode. The documents and key of the vehicle was handed over by Sri. M K Raghavan, Member of Parliament to Dr. K Suresh Kumar, President of the Society in the presence of Sri K R Vijayakumar, DGM & Zonal Head, Sri V O Pappachan, AGM, Zonal Office, Kozhikode and other members of staff of Zonal Office, Kozhikode, nearby branches and general public.
Federal Bank Employees participated in TCS Majja Run
Federal Bank employees from Bangalore had an active participation in the TCS Majja Run a fund raising program for slum development which was a 5 kilometer run in which more than 50000 runners from various corporates participated. We had an enthusiastic group of ladies and gentlemen, charged with lots of excitement which included our MD & CEO, Mr. Shyam Srinivasan, Mr. Jose K Mathew, Zonal Head- Bangalore, Mr. Abu George, Regional Head- Bangalore and Mr. P P Thomas, AGM- Bangalore Credit Hub.
Federal Bank donates school van to Kripa Special School
Federal Bank donated a School Van to KRIPA Special School, a Vocational Training Centre for physically and mentally challenged youth at Chunangamveli. Shri K I Varghese (General Manager) handed over the key of the school van to Fr. Paul Nedumchalil (CMI, Director of KRIPA), in the presence of Shri Francis P K (AGM & Regional Head), Shri Raju Hormis (CSR Head), Shri Jose John Palam (Branch Head- Chunangamveli) and others.
Corporate Social Responsibility Activities : 2012
For Federal Bank, Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has been an inherited and inbuilt element of its fundamentals right from the day the bank was founded.Some of the major accomplishments and activities for the year 2012 are given below.
Federal Bank donates vehicle for Alpha Pain Clinic, Kochi.
As part of CSR activities, Bank donated a vehicle to Alpha Pain Clinic, Kochi for visit and carry patients by the Doctors and voluntaries. Dr. V. P. Gangadharan, Oncologist representing Alpha Pain Clinic, Cochin Centre received the keys of vehicle. Shri. Raju Hormis, Head – CSR, handed over the keys.
Supported Abilities Mela by Differently Abled, Ernakulam
In joint venture with People's Council for Social justice, a Mela was organized for exhibition and sale of products by physically challanged people. Mela aims at providing an exposure to their products and giving them a dignified and independent life.
Federal Bank extends financial support to IMA Voluntary Donor Blood Bank
As a part of CSR initiatives, our Bank extended financial support to IMA Voluntary Donor Blood Bank for arranging 24 hour power supply at IMA Blood Bank, Kochi. Dr. K Narayanankutty (IMA Chairman) and Mr. Raju Hormis (CSR-Head) are seen in the picture with others.
Support for ‘Jyothis' - Special School for children having cerebral palsy, Kottayam
Jyothis is a Developmental Training School for children having cerebral palsy and other developments. The school is expanding to support more families coming from far off places. Bank has extended financial support for the building project.
Support for ‘Blind Friendly Girls Hostel' at Kizhmad, Aluva
Kerala Blind school Society is a voluntary association serving the visually handicapped of Kerala from the year 1962. All services of the society are free and provided irrespective of religion, caste, creed, sex or community. The Bank has extended financial supported to Kerala Blind School for constructing a ‘Blinds Friendly Girls Hostel' at Aluva.
Assistance for ‘Vocational Training Centre' for rehabilitating patients with Cerebral Palsy -Adarsh Charitable Trust at Kureekad, Vyttila
Adarsh Charitable Trust is a non-profit organization with a goal of Rehabilitating patients with Cerebral Palsy and other disabilities. The trust provides comprehensive habilitation measures and pioneering efforts for enriching the lives of challenged individuals. The Bank has extended financial support to set up ‘Vocational Training Centre' for rehabilitating patients with Cerebral Palsy and other disabilities.
Sponsored an Ambulance for ‘Alpha Pain Clinic', Kochi
Sponsored an Ambulance for ‘Alpha Pain Clinic', Kochi
An ambulance to St Johns Health Services Pirappancode,Trivandrum
World Environment Day' year marking at Federal Bank
World Environment Day is one of the principal vehicles through which United Nations (UN) stimulates worldwide awareness of environment and enhances political attention & action. World Environment Day was celebrated at Federal Bank with various activities including distribution of saplings to the customers from selected Branches. Approximately 1300 saplings were distributed from 41 branches all around India.
LCD Projector for ‘Aswasalayam Aids Foundation', Aluva.
Dormitory and Four Toilets with bathrooms for Dilasa Bhavan', Dilasa Sangli Mission.
Sponsored Fund raising program of Maithri Foundation Trust, Cochin.
Maithri foundation Trust, Cochin provide ‘Suicide Prevention Programmes' to the needy. They are constructing a Counseling Centre at Ernakulam. As a fund raising program they conducted Soorya Monsoon Festival at cochin for three days. Bank sponsored the three day festival.
Extended Support to Empowerment Centre for the Blind to Purchase Five Desktop Computers to set up Computer Laboratory
Corporate Social Responsibility Activities : 2010 - 2011
Call Centre Managed by Differently Abled
Support to set Hemophilia Department at Mar Augustine Golden Jubilee Hospital, Mookkannoor
Aluva Bypass Beautification - An environmental CSR Initiative
Animation & Renewal Centre, Mumbai
Ambulance Sponsored to St. John's Health Service
Sponsored the project 'Sparkle'
Support to Endosulfan Victims of Kasargod District, Kerala
- Implementation of financial inclusion products like No-frills SB account, General Credit Card, Micro- Credit etc.
- Utilisation of SHG members for marketing and servicing of the Bank's products & services among rural masses using the Banking Facilitator Model.
- Launching of ‘Samrudhi' Scheme through which the entire banking needs of the residents of selected villages (Grama Panchayats) are met by implementing various schemes of the Bank, so that these villages can be developed into model villages. These model villages are experimental samples for our innovations in Rural Banking and would help the Bank to demonstrate the effectiveness of its Rural Banking strategies and the Bank's social commitment by showcasing these villages.
- Setting up a Training & Guidance Centre at Vythiri in Wynad District in collaboration with YMCA.
- Bank has launched the "Federal Ashwas Trust" and opened three "Federal Ashwas Financial Literacy and Credit Counseling Centers" in Alleppey District in December 2009, in association with Gandhi Smaraka Grama Seva Kendram (GSGSK), Alapuzha, the only NGO from Kerala figuring among the CRISIL top 50 MFIs in India.
- Bank has launched "Federal Prathyasha Loan Scheme" to provide credit to distressed poor / Small and Marginal farmers to prepay their debt to informal sector against collateral or group security
IT Enabled Financial Inclusion
- Kisan Credit Card (KCC) accounts - This is a comprehensive scheme of the Bank to extend adequate and timely support to the farmers. This aims at financial inclusion of small and marginal farmers. It is ATM enabled with "Federal Haritha Card"
- General Credit Card (GCC) - To provide hassle-free credit to customers from rural and semi-urban centers based on their cash flow without insistence on security, purpose or end-use of the credit. This is in the nature of overdraft with no end-use stipulations and is also ATM enabled.
Rubber Producer's Societies
On the Health Front
For the orphans
SOS Children's Village
For the environment
- Bank has been adjudged as the ‘Best Performing Bank for the year 2007-08 in Ernakulam District under the Kudumbashree programme of the Kerala State Poverty Eradication Mission'. Bank received the award for this from Shri. S. Sharma, Hon'ble Minister for Fisheries & Registration in a function held at Kolenchery on 16 May 2008 to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Kudumbashree programme.
- Bank has been acclaimed as the ‘Best Private Sector Bank for implementing the PMRY Scheme' in the state.
- Bank has been adjudged as the Best Private Sector Bank for priority sector lending including Financial Inclusion category across the country by Dun & Bradstreet.