Extra Care is a top up health insurance plan that allows you to extend your existing health insurance cover. If the sum insured of your existing health insurance plan does not suffice for expenses due to illness or accidents, Extra Care health insurance policy takes care of the additional hospitalization expenses.
- Features & Benefits
- Buy Online
- What is covered
- This is a floater policy; thus there will be a single sum insured and single premium for the whole family.
- Competitive premium rates.
- High deductible health insurance product.
- No medical tests up to 55 years of age, subject to a clean proposal form.
- Pre-existing diseases will be covered after 4 years.
- Continuity for waiting periods would be given for any indemnity cover irrespective of sum insured in the earlier policy.
- The policy covers ambulance charges in case of emergency subject to a maximum of Rs.3000/-.
- The Extra Care policy provides you with emergency medical cover in case your regular policy falls short of your needs.
- Can be taken as an add-on policy with any health insurance policy.
- Income tax benefit on the premium paid as per section 80-D of Income Tax Act as per existing IT law.
- Premium starting at Rs.2500 per annum with sum insured options of Rs.10, 12 or 15 lakhs.
Please click the button below to proceed for buying the insurance online.
Contact us for any further queries:
Toll Free: 1800-233-3355
- Though premium begins at Rs.2500/-, the health cover provided goes up to Rs.15 lakh.
- Medical Expenses: Covered up to the sum insured.
- Ambulance Charges: Up to Rs.3000/-.
- Pre and Post Hospitalization: Up to 60 and 90 days respectively.
- Waiver for Pre-existing Diseases: After 4 years of continuous policy.
- Floater Policy (up to 3 children): Single sum insured for the whole family.
- Continuity: Continuity for waiting periods will be given for any policy at any sum insured.
- Pre-acceptance Medical Test: No test till 55 years of age for clean proposals.
- Entry Age 3 months-70 years: Renewable up to 80 years.
- Affordable Premium: Starting at Rs.2500/-.
- Pre-existing diseases/injuries.
- Disease contracted during first 30 days of policy.
- Joint replacement surgery (except due to accidents) shall have a 4-year waiting period.
- War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies.
- Circumcision, cosmetic or aesthetic treatment.
- Any form of plastic surgery.
- The cost of spectacles, contact lenses, hearing aids, crutches, artificial limbs, dentures, artificial teeth and all other external appliances.
- Dental treatment.
- Convalescence, general debility or weakness