FedNet Internet Banking
- Features & Benefits
- Facilities Offered
- How to apply ?
- Enable Transaction Facility
- Transaction Limits
- Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
- How to Reset FedNet Password
- Transfer funds between your own accounts
- Transfer funds to other Federal Bank or Non-Federal Bank accounts securely
- Freedom from the hassles of Cheques and Demand Drafts
- Instant Recharge facility for prepaid Mobile and DTH
- Transfer funds using IMPS
- Open Fixed deposits and Cash certificates online within a few clicks
- Invest in Recurring Deposits from the comforts of your home
- Make loan repayments on time
- Pay all your Direct & Indirect taxes online and get instant confirmation
- View Mini Statements online
- Submit Tele-banking Requests
- Pay children's educational fees online
- Use Fednet for Safe and Secure Online Shopping
- Speedy Fund Transfer
- Secure Bill Payment
- 24 X 7 Banking
- Bank @ Home
- Mobile/DTH Recharge
- View Tax Credit statement online
- View TDS details for all deposits
- Manage Depository Accounts
- Apply for IPO's via ASBA
You can avail FedNet Internet Banking facility by applying online. Alternatively, you can apply for FedNet offline by submitting the FedNet application and submitting it at the branch where you are having an account. In case of multiple account holders, the mandate form in favor of the user (operator) must also be submitted. In case of accounts in multiple branches, the FedNet application form can be submitted at any one of those branches.
- FedNet allows users to view the account details and perform online transactions.
- Normally, the Transaction Facility is activated only when specifically requested by the account holder. However, the user would still be able to access FedNet through the Account View Facility, but would not be able to perform transactions like Online Funds Transfer.
- If you are a first time user of FedNet, initially you will be provided with the "Account View" Facility only.
- In order to perform financial transactions online, you need to enable the transaction facility. You can enable the transaction facility either through FedNet itself via online using "Soft Activation" method or as offline by sending the duly signed acknowledgement portion of the PIN mailer back.
For the safety and security of our customers, Federal Bank has set some limits on the Funds Transfer in FedNet.
By default, a customer can transfer funds
- up to Rs. 2,00,000/- between his own accounts with Federal Bank
- up to Rs. 30,000/- to a third party account with Federal Bank (adding as beneficiary)
- up to Rs. 30,000/- to any other Non-Federal Bank account.
- up to Rs. 30,000/- for online payments
Two factor authentication is compulsory for all transactions. If customer wants higher transaction limits, he may choose any of the schemes. For availing higher transaction limits, you may login to FedNet and submit a request by clicking "Requests" menu and selecting the option "Enhance Transaction Limit"
Transfer limit Between own accounts
To any other account of Federal Bank
To account of any other bank or Bill Payments
Option for customers to increase transaction limits by online request (Silver Net)
Up to Rs.1.00L
Up to Rs.1.00L
|Up to Rs.1.00L|
Option for customers to increase transaction limits by online request (Gold Net)
Up to Rs.10.00L
Up to Rs.5.00L
Up to Rs.3.00L
Two-factor authentication (2FA) is a security process in which the user provides two means of identification, one of which is typically a physical token, such as a card, and the other of which is typically something memorized, such as a password. It ensures that only authorized individuals' access their sensitive information or does online transaction. It provides substantially better security and makes it much more difficult for an attacker to impersonate the User and access his account.
Forgot your FedNet Internet Banking password ? No worries. You can reset your Internet Banking login password as well as transaction password at any time online. All you need to provide are the details of your Debit card.