Open NRI Account in just 3 steps !
Your Perfect Banking Partner paves way to open NRI accounts online in just 3 simple steps.
Fill Online the Account Opening Form (AOF) and Print it
Attach the required documents
Send your form with duly attested documents to our mailing address
Download and fill the Account Opening Form (AOF)
Submit the Application Form to your nearest branch along with required documents
Collect your Debit Card and FedNet PINmailer from your branch
How to Apply
Check List for NRI Account Opening
|Sl no.||Identity Proof|
First page of the current valid passport (page where your photo and name
Last page of your passport where your personal details like Father's name and Address are given
If the address mentioned in the form is different from the address in passport
please submit any of the following containing present address.
NRI Status Proof
Residence VISA / Employment VISA / Student VISA /Labour Card / Residence
Permit / Uniform ID Card of the resident country.
Attestation of Identity , Address & NRI Status proof
An account payee cheque of your existing NRE a/c with a Bank in India, drawn in
your name for a minimum Rs 5000/- .
Original Overseas Bank or Credit Card Statement, of a recent date (not more
than 6 months old) - Self Attested by the customer.
*In case the required documents are self attested , the following are mandatory
**Items 1-5 are mandatory. If the documents are self attested items 6 & 7 are mandatory
- Your Passport size photo
- Photo-ID proof
- Address proof
How to Submit the Form
Mail your application with attached documents to:
Federal Bank Ltd
International Banking Dept
7th Floor, Federal Towers
Marine Drive, Ernakulam Dist
PIN: 682 031.
If you are from GCC , contact our Representative Officers
Fill up the Account Opening Form (AOF) and submit it to the branch of your choice
- Federal bank's account opening happens centrally.
- Branch will send your request to our Central Processing Centre (CPC).
- You will receive a welcome kit at the address furnished in the AOF in 7 days which will have your account number and personalised Cheque Book.
International Debit Card and Internet Banking Password
- Your Debit card and ATM PIN will be despatched to your branch and FedNet PIN will be send to your address directly
- You need to collect your Debit Card and ATM Pinmailer from your branch
Are You in a Hurry?
If you are in a hurry to open the account there's a speedier way:
- You can opt for pre-opened kit containing account number, FedNet PIN mailer, non-personalised ATM card, and non- personalised cheque book.
- You can start remitting funds to the account from the same day onwards.
- Withdrawals are allowed only after activation of the account. So you cannot issue a cheque against the account till the activation is over
Activation of Pre-Opened Kit
Personalizing Debit Card and Chequebook
- The Debit Card and Cheque Book received in your welcome kit can be personalised by giving a request to branch/ representative.